02 03 Nicola-time: Max Factor Creme Puff Blush: Are We Being Treated to an Hourglass Dupe? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush: Are We Being Treated to an Hourglass Dupe?

34
Max Factor is a brand that I've never really given enough attention. I'm more of a Bourjois fan when it comes to drugstore makeup, but decided to be adventurous on my latest trip to Boots. I instantly spotted these beauties; Max Factor's 'Creme Puff Blushes', and of course, I indulged.



After swatching to my heart's content, I chose two; 'Nude Mauve' and 'Lovely Pink'. There are four other colours in the range; 'Alluring Rose', 'Gorgeous Berries', 'Lavish Mauve' and 'Seductive Pink'. The names could be better, but I'll brush past that as I love the formulas.


Beautifully soft, and suprisingly pigmented for a drugstore blush, these lovelies are a treat to use - but this is not the wow factor for me about this product. They are a wonderful dupe for the Hourglass 'Ambient Lighting Blushes', and this is a factor not to be overlooked. As with Hourglass, Max Factor have created a blush/highlighter hybrid, and have done so for nearly a third of the price. They combine a beautiful flush to the cheeks with an irridescent highlight to match, and they've done so very well. There's also a really nice range of colours for a drugstore blush; usually we are only treated to two or three shades, so six is very reasonable.




In the picture to the above, I applied a little of 'Nude Mauve' to the very tops of my cheekbones. With this sort of deeper, almost brown, pink shade it creates a contouring effect if used sparingly on the cheekbones rather than the apples of the cheeks, which I believe to be a much more flattering way to apply blush anyway. With the slightly deeper, cooler toned colour to this blush, we are well and truly bringing cheek bones my somewhat shapeless face.



'Lovely Pink' is also very beautiful, a lovely baby pink with gold shimmer, but perhaps the assumed favourite. For me 'Nude Mauve' is the underdog, but also the one I was most drawn to, as it's subtle, but certainly not lacking in pigmentation.

Overall, these blushes are scoring some serious points for the drugstore. No, the packaging isn't quite as luxurious, but if the beautiful gold casing Hourglass provides leaves me an extra £20 down, Max Factor wins this round in the blush game for me.







Makeup in picture: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (52 Vanille); No. 7 Match Made Concealer (Medium); Max Factor Creme Puff Blush (Nude Mauve); Benefit Brows A-Go-Go; Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner (Black); L'oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara (Black).

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38